Healing and recovery so you can get back to living life on your own terms
The interdisciplinary team at Brandenburg Nursing & Rehabilitation Center uses physician-directed protocols to achieve successful outcomes, which can aid in your quick recovery and enable you to return home as soon as possible.
Brandenburg Nursing & Rehabilitation Center provides treatment and healing for many types of wounds, including:
- Pressure ulcers
- Diabetic/neuropathic wounds
- Venous insufficiency ulcers
- Arterial insufficiency ulcers
- Infected and/or draining wounds requiring IV antibiotics
- Wounds requiring frequent dressing changes or VAC therapy
- Post-traumatic wounds
- Post-surgical wound grafts and flaps
The palliative care services at Brandenburg Nursing & Rehabilitation Center offer a comprehensive, multidisciplinary care program for patients with advanced illnesses. Our compassionate care enables our residents to live with quality and dignity, making it possible for you to leave your family and friends in our care, secure in the knowledge that their final days are comfortable.
You and your loved one need time for some rest and relaxation. We provide the caregiver relief with our Restore and Rejuvenate Program for your loved one, so you can take care of yourself.
- Receive quality care when the primary caregiver is away.
- Interact with others having similar experiences.
- Spend time in a safe, supportive environment.
- Participate in activities designed to match personal abilities and needs.
Tips for Planning Respite Care
- Involve your loved one. When planning for time off from your caregiving duties, make sure to keep your loved one in the loop. Get their input on deciding how much time you will be away and who will fill in for you when you’re gone. Make sure to tell them that they will benefit from you being more relaxed and refreshed. Assure them that they will also reap rewards from socializing with other people.
- Assess your needs. Make a list of what care will be needed in your absence. Also, decide if the respite care provider will need any special skills or training to be able to stay with your loved one. If so, understand that your options for respite caregivers may be more limited.
- Stay organized. Use a calendar to keep track of appointments and send requests to friends and family. Don’t forget to include time for yourself and note it on the calendar.
You may believe that you should be able to “do it all.” Seeking help does not mean you don’t care. On the contrary, respite services benefit your loved one as well as you, by providing them with opportunities for socialization and a change of scenery.
Brandenburg Nursing & Rehabilitation Center offers in-house respiratory therapy services five days a week and on call. Respiratory therapy is a program of exercises and treatments designed to help patients maintain and recover lung function after an illness, injury or surgery.
An important component of the therapeutic services offered at the Brandenburg Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is the delivery of psychosocial services to residents and family members.
The Social Services Department, which delivers these services, is comprised of professionally licensed social workers with experience in the field of gerontology and long-term care programs. The vast array of psychosocial services includes advocacy, service coordination, discharge planning and supportive intervention.
The office is open Monday–Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.